Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nashville First Grade Christmas Pageant

I'm not going to say stuff like this only happens in Nashville. It probably happens all the time in L.A. and New York and Paris. But I doubt it happens much in Johnson City or Des Moines.

Scene: First Grade Christmas Pageant. Visiting with another kid's dad --

Me: Wow, you just got back , huh? What were you doing in London?

Other Kid's Dad: We went to see Led Zeppelin. It was great.

Me: You went to see Zeppelin?! You bastard!

OKD: Well, I know John Paul Jones pretty well. He called and invited us. What was I supposed to do?

Me: (Notices some tall dude in the corner. What's that guy's name? Oh, yeah, Joe Nichols. I didn't know his kid went to school here. turns back) What were you supposed to do? Call me, that's what! I would have killed to see Zeppelin . . .

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger Plimco said...

Was S the star again? Did she have lots of lines? Did she do a good job?

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Nashville Knucklehead said...

She was just another chick singer in the chior.

 
At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was surreal standing in the kitchen with Alison Krauss and her telling my son "My brother went to the show in London last night."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home