Thursday, December 20, 2007

Internet Weirdness

I like to check in now and again with my pals over at Music City Bloggers. A strange thing has been happening lately. I can't get that site to load at home. It started a couple of weeks ago, on a weekend, and I thought the site was down. On Monday, I got to work and it was fine and there was no mention of being off-line. It has been that way ever since.

I have occasional time-outs on other sites. Sometimes the Tennessean won't come in, but it usually fixes itself in minutes or hours at the worst. Not so with MCB. It's just gone. Maybe they don't like South Nashville.

Ya'll can talk bad about me over there if you want, just keep it to nights and weekends.

(I suspect it's a Comcast issue, but if I call them, someone in Canada will just tell me to do all the stuff I've already tried.)

5 Comments:

At 9:20 PM , Blogger Sarcastro said...

Antioch is not Canada.

Dumbass.

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had several complaints about that from various people, and I've talked to Dreamhost about it several times, with them always shucking the blame off to people's ISPs. I wish there was something I could do about it, but until my year with Dreamhost is up, I can't. Sigh.

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Nashville Knucklehead said...

I don't want to burden my secret Comcast Antioch connection with this one.

Dumbass.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Dreamhost is icky. As is Bluehost and all of those other massive hosts.

knuck - try changing your dns. It's easy. Go to opendns.com and follow the instructions.

 
At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit. I hate blogger. That last comment was me, not my wife's cousin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home